Karma Yoga: Sat. Oct 14, 8:45 am-12:30 pm. Community Centre, 24 Sutton Dr. Johnstown
Raising Awareness and Patient Subsidy Funds for the Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) Foundation
LOVE. SERVE. GIVE.
Karma Yoga is the act of selfless service for the benefit of others. This event is being hosted to raise local awareness about the OICC, and to give back to the organization that has helped us so much! The OICC is the first integrative cancer care and research centre of its kind in Eastern Canada. Using a holistic, patient-centred approach, it welcomes people at any stage of cancer and those wishing to prevent it, to help reduce treatment side effects, improve quality of life, and help prevent recurrence. www.oicc.ca
- Learn about the OICC and its services from a staff rep, Dr. Jennifer Garnham MD, FRCP(C), RYT
- Browse / purchase some excellent books available through OICC; Enjoy refreshments
- Hear two local patient stories: Judie Martin's, and Sue Turner's (including how yoga has helped!)
- Participate in a mindful meditation and 2 yoga class offerings - Gentle Hatha and Yin
- Everyone is welcome! Presentations will take place before the break (from 9:00 -10:15 ish), and yoga after. No yoga experience is necessary. Bring a yoga mat and a small blanket / large towel. Some extra mats will be available. Or feel free to be seated in a chair.
- By donation - 100% of the proceeds will benefit OICC patients in need of financial subsidy. (Helpful note: the suggested minimum donation for a karma yoga event is the equivalent value of each yoga class attended, i.e. $15 - $30.) Donations at the event may be made by cash or cheque, payable to the OICC Foundation
- Official tax receipts will be forwarded in the mail by the OICC for donations of $20 or more
- If you are unable to attend and wish to make a donation by credit card, please visit: http://oicc.ca/en/giving-donor-impact/donate-today To help ensure that online donations are tracked with this fundraiser - kindly click "Donate Today"; under "Designation" click "OICC Patient Care"; under "Leave a comment" type "Sue Turner's Karma Yoga Event, Oct. 14".
To assist with planning, please Register Here.
Much gratitude to:
- The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre, and Dr. Jennifer Garnham
- Judie Martin, for her assistance and willingness to share her story!
- The Township of Edwardsburgh-Cardinal for their in-kind support
- YOU! For kindly supporting this event and the OICC Foundation